Featured blogger- Time enough for drums

07:11:00

In this feature and over the coming weeks fellow chictopians and bloggers answer 16 questions about fashion, give advice and let us know whats in there hosiery drawer
First up is Annie , I love Annie's unique look she's not afraid to mix different colours and different patterns and certainly makes the vintage look her own. I love the different styles of legwear she pulls off and can't wait to see what she will be wearing next. Read on to hear views on her style and looks and make sure you stay tuned to see who will be answering the all important questions next.

IMG_2316

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?


Living in the Twin Cities, the city has so many different styles comingling. I take most inspiration from others I see. My style is quirky and casual; that definitely reflects Minneapolis. I also love to shop vintage; that’s always amazing inspiration!

IMG_2891


Who has had the biggest influence on your outfits ?
I’m not sure if there’s a specific person that has influenced my outfits, but having just joined chictopia.com, I’ve found a few bloggers who have great style that I try to emulate!

IMG_3101

What made you start posting your pictures on Chictopia ?
I first discovered lookbook.nu from a fashion article in the local paper. I looked it up and quickly became obsessed. It took a few weeks before I made the decision to start posting myself. With lookbook you need an invite to join, which I didn’t have, so I found chictopia and joined that community.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ?
I’m actually very new to the whole blog thing. I keep up with chictopia and lookbook.nu, but that’s my only blog experience. I keep up with a blog of a friend who’s currently living in Tajikistan…

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
I think I fall somewhere in between. My friends would say I’m a trendsetter, but I definitely take inspiration from others, also. I do follow trends, but I try to incorporate them into my wardrobe in my own special way.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

How would you describe your style ?
My style is a work in progress! It was just after college that I became interested in fashion. So, I definitely still have those days where I get home after a long one, and I look in the mirror and I wonder sarcastically if I dressed in the dark! Generally, my style is pretty casual and easy-going. And quirky! I also like to dress down very dress vintage pieces.

Does the hosiery you wear dictate your clothes or outfits ?
I use hosiery to enhance my clothes. I like to use tights in contrast to the colors in my outfit. But, I also love patterned tights, too! There’s no rhyme or reason to this madness!

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

Whats in your hosiery drawer or closet ?
I counted 20 pairs of tights. Then, I’ve also got three pairs of black leggings. I’m also experimenting with thigh-high socks, and patterned leggings.

How do you choose your hosiery ?
I find patterns I like and purchase them… Then I have to find other clothing items to match!

Where do you shop for hosiery ?
Target has wonderful tights, actually. That’s probably where most of mine come from. I get my leggings from H & M and Target. American Apparel and Urban Outfitters have fantastic tights.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/


What was the last hosiery item you brought and for how much ?
I recently purchased three pairs of tights at Forever 21; $5 each!

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights ?
I prefer patterned opaque tights. I’m experimenting with socks and knee-highs.

How often do you wear hosiery ?
Unless I’m in jeans, I’m wearing tights or leggings. I hate my legs bare! I’m wearing pants less and less these days. So, I’m probably wearing tights or leggings 5 or 6 times a week.

What is your hosiery staple ?
Black leggings.

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
I think my style advice is generally just to wear what you love. If you find a crazy pair of tights you’re in love with, wear them!


Thanks to Annie for taking the time out to answer the questions.
See more of her over at www.chictopia.com or check out Annie's blog here timeenoughfordrums


You Might Also Like

1 comments