Featured blogger- Dana

01:16:00

Daily Dose of Dana

Photobucket

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
If I need inspiration for outfits I usually look through lookbook.nu and some of my favorite blogs. 




Who has had the biggest fashon influence on your outfits ?
I don't think there is one main person who influences  my style. My outfits are influenced  by many things including my friends, my environment, blogs, magazines, and fashion designers.




Photobucket

Photobucket

What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia,Lookbook etc ? 
I think these websites area great way to find other blogs you might want to read regularly and find a ton of inspiring photos at once. This seemed like a great idea to me, so I wanted to be part of it. 

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? 
I read around 20 blogs regularly, but my three favorites are:
I love these blogs because they feature beautiful outfits and photography.

Photobucket

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
I'm mostly a fashion follower, I'll see someone wearing some thing I like and I'll wear something like it.




How would you describe your style ? 
This is a tricky question, I don't think I can describe my style in just one word. My style is floral prints and big cozy sweaters and velvet and shorts over patterned tights. It's like girly, but with other things thrown in as well depending on my mood.

Photobucket

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
Usually no. In most cases hosiery is just the backdrop to my outfit, a necessary piece to keep my legs warm.

Where do you shop for hoseiry ? 
I buy my tights at Target. I like the Merona brand and I usually just get the two- pack of opaque black.

Photobucket

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
I actually just ordered these tights: http://www.essentialapparel.com/berkshire-matte-opaque-control-top-tights.html because I ead a review saying they are good quality and don't rip easily. I spent about $26 for three pairs of black tights.
Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs. ? 
I like opaque tights, but I've also been getting into wearing over the knee socks over my tights for extra warmth and style.




Sheer toe or reinforced?
I've only ever worn sheer toe tights, but I think I need reinforced, I'm always ripping the toes of my tights.

Photobucket

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
I haven't, but I probably would rip them before I could get them out of the package.

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ?
I haven't really thought about this.

Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ?  Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?
I like wearing tights more then pants because they are stretchier and more comfortable.




When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
I wear skirts often, so I wear tights almost every day.

What is your hosiery staple ? 
Black opaque "Merona" tights from Target.


Photobucket

How do you put on tights?
I put my feet in and pull them up...? haha the usual way!

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
No, but I probably should because I'm always ripping mine.




The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
The best thing about hosiery is that it allows me to wear skirts and dresses all winter long. The worst thing is how easy it is to rip.

Do you recycle your tights if not how many pairs of tights do you throw away each month ? What was the last pair you put in the bin ?
I don't recycle my tights, can you do that? I probably go through two pairs a month. I just got a new pack a few days ago and I ripped one pair just trying to get it out of the packaging.


http://dailydoseofdana.tumblr.com


You Might Also Like

0 comments