Changing it up

05:26:00



Lately, I've been on a kick to try and rejuvenate the older things in my closet by "remixing" them, as The Clothes Horse says. 

(I love her blog, it is poetic and romantic and all her clothing choices are both pretty and practical, something I am trying to accomplish. She wears the cutest vintage dresses and accessories and is inclined to look at the world through whimsical eyes. Is there anything more fitting than her quoting Emily Dickinson's "To venerate the simple days..." in a photo spread about quietly enjoying the summer in pale colours? I think not.)

I've had this dress for about two years and I love the art nouveau print and rich teal colours, but I usually just throw it on lazily with my flat loafers. Yesterday, I teamed it with diamond patterned stockings and brogues instead.

I kind of like the look, Greek and gothic vaudevillian, if you will. Plus the diamonds look kind of cute going up the skirt.



Printed dress - Robinsons. Patterned tights - Topshop.
Bird earrings - Accessorize. Brogued heels - Paris. 
Giant black rose ring from Diva - Worn but not seen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments