Plus Size Tights Review

01:37:00


Tights, hosiery, whatever, I know for most plus size chicks the mere mention of those pesky leg coverings, at the very least, brings on a collective groan. Inconsistent sizing, bad quality, bad fit are just some of the annoyances we face, not to mention extortionate prices.


I was recently contacted by Laura at The Big Tights Company, she very kindly asked if she could send me a couple of pairs of tights from their range to try out. I of course was very excited to do so, as I know it's a huge bug bear for lots of ladies out there.

I was sent the Paris Lady and the All Woman tights.

I forgot to get a full shot of the Paris Ladies but I wore them to uni last Monday and they were comfortable, stayed put all day with no Nora Batty ankles or saggy crotch and most importantly, I actually got them past my thighs!

The All Woman were even easier to get on and they had a huge amount if stretch to them!!


Now I'm aware the sight of me in tights isn't the most appealing thing in the world, but I just wanted to give you a full idea of how they sat and the stretch that's in them. They come up really high in the waist which I love. I'm a fan of the belly warmers, I like full coverage when it comes to tights. 


As you can see I have VERY substantial thighs which is where I usually struggle with tights. I'll get them mid thigh and then feel like they're cutting off my blood supply, have a missive hissy fit and rip them off. This was not the case with these tights. My one tiny little thing is that my personal preference is for a thicker denier, I love a good 80/100 and above if possible, I'm not a fan of tights that are too sheer and if I was wearing something knee length with these I'd be absolutely fine, but anything shorter I do prefer a thicker tight. 

But the Big Tights Company is a small independent brand so hopefully with our support they'll be able to look at developing some thicker deniers? Maybe? Please? ;) 


What I will add too, which is massively important is that they go up to a UK size 42 (a 90" hip) which is amazing, I challenge you to find another company who do that, it's fantastic to think that a small indy company can do that when huge brands refuse to cater for anyone above a size 24. 

I would happily recommend these to anyone, it's so rare to find tights that fit and fit right. Well done Laura and the rest of the team!! Great product!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments