DIY: How To Make a Sheer Top Out of Tights

01:12:00


I’ve been eyeing all the sheer tops and skirts I’ve been seeing in magazines and all over the runway. After a little bit of research on Pinterest, I was inspired by to make this DIY Sheer (Pantyhose) Top, I admit, I’m not the first to try this!

This honestly took me less than 5 minutes, only a couple of snips with my scissors and the results were totally unexpected!


I HONESTLY LOVE THE WAY THIS CROP SHEER TOP TURNED OUT AND I CAN THINK OF A FEW OTHER VERSIONS – POLKA DOTS? PLEASE PIN AND SHARE WITH OTHERS!
What you will need:

A pair of black sheer tights – 20 Denier yield great results, also try to get a pair that DOES NOT have a control top. I also opted for larger size (from a usual small to a medium)
Scissors

1. Layer and line up the tight legs on top of one another.

2. Cut straight at the ankle position.

3. Lay the tights flat on working surface and split the tight legs apart and flat.

4. Cut around the gusset of the tights. I suggest a smaller cut than a bigger as you can always cut more.

5. Flip around upside down and this is where you will put your head through!

Layer on top of a tank or layer under a slouchy top!


You Might Also Like

0 comments