Get the lowdown on style with our latest blogger interview from Simone

01:01:00



How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
I get inspiration from reading magazines and blogs but also from thing I see on the streets. 

Who has had the biggest fashion influence on your outfits ?
That would be me, I wear what I like.

What made you start posting your pictures on your blog ? 
I tried blogging earlier, but I did not have enough patience to get good pictures and keep readers. After my sister started a blog in May this year I really liked to get started again too. So I did.

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? 
I follow several blogs and websites. One I have been following for years is Daily Fashion Boost. I absolutely love the style of Sam, the girl behind this blog. Very inspiring.




Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion
follower ?
I guess I am a little bit of both. I only follow trends when I like them and always try and give it my own twist.

How would you describe your style ? 
My style is feminine and most of the time colour full. Fashion items that are remarkable for my style and notable tights and high heels. I always wear skirts or dresses, never trousers.


Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
It depends. Most of the time I wear tights with prints. When a print is very notable I like to keep the rest a bit calmer. I always start building my outfit from one piece, sometimes I start with my hosiery, sometimes with something else.

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ? 
Most of my tights are black with a print. I also got a few coloured pairs, red, blue and Brown. I got some ticker pairs for in winter and besides tights there are also over knees and regular Socks in my hosiery drawer. The regular Socks I wear to protect my tights from zippers in my shoes.

How do you choose your hosiery ? 
Sometimes I pick my hosiery first and then choose what other clothes to wear with it. Other times I pick a dress fist and choose what kind of hosiery to wear with it.



Where do you shop for hosiery ? 
I shop at several places for hosiery. Shops like Pieces, H&M and Primark often have nice tights. Lately I started shopping tights at EBay. You can find really cool ones there. 

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
A pair of striped tights from Primark. I believe they were 3 euros.

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or knee highs,sheer toe or reinforced ? 
I prefer opaque tights, stockings, knee highs and reinforced.

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
I believe most of my tights are 20 denier.




How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? 

Wearing tights makes me feel more feminine. I feel best wearing feminine outfits, it makes me more confident. When I go to the gym I have to wear trousers and they always make me a bit insecure. I feel more like myself in a dress or a skirt.

Do you prefer the feel of tights to pants? 
I prefer the feel of tights above pants. I personally think tights are a lot more comfortable.

When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
Most of the year daily. Except for the bare legs days in summer. 

What is your hosiery staple ? 
I actually would not know. (What is meant by staple? English is not my First language.)

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
Do not be afraid of notable tights with a print. Start building your outfit from a pair of tights for a change. If you keep the rest of your outfit a bit calmer, tights with a print can really be an upgrade. 


How do you put on tights?
I get the toe from my tight to the holes and then get them around my legs.

Whats the strangest place you have put on hosiery ?
That would be in a car.

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
No I don’t. I just make sure I do not ruin them.

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
Nice hosiery can really upgrade an outfit and make your legs look good. But I really hate it when a nice pair of tights gets ruined.

Do you recycle your tights if not how many pairs of tights do you throw away each month ? What was the last pair you put in the bin,trash ? 
I do recycle my tights. The last pair I have thrown away are my ombre tights form EBay. They were ruined so I had to. I never like throwing away nice pairs.




You Might Also Like

0 comments