Are you still wearing tights in summer?

08:32:00


The sun has come out to play for the last couple of days but it can still revert back to being overcast and chilly; therefore tights are still a strong must-have accessory to your outfit.


I must confess I have a rather soft spot for buying tights and laying all the cards on the table, I actually have a suitcase tucked under my bed full of them! I wouldn’t call it an obsession but it definitely is a problem; you could call it my fashion Achilles heel. If I see a new design I feel inclined to purchase them and have bought many a pair from all over the world including Amsterdam, China Camden market and Scotland. The lovely team at UKTights, gave me and a friend the chance to sport our summer choice of tights.
Choosing sensible tights



One style I think everyone should have in their drawers, or in my case suitcase, is a natural tan colour and black pair of tights. These may seem rather standard choices but nonetheless you always need them for that one occasion, perhaps a job interview, party or wedding. However when I come to frantically look for them I am disheartened; finding a pair with a rather substantial hole or ladder. Why did I not throw them away? Why I insist on keeping ruined tights will always remain a mystery.


My verdict



Pretty Polly, Everyday 15 Denier Tights (£1.99)


“Glossy, comfortable and really light to wear. The small fitted perfectly (I’m a size 10) and the slight shimmer works well with a summer dress or office skirt. The tanned colour is not too bold or vibrant unlike other bright orange or golden shimmer colours I have come across in the past. If you want your sensible pair, these will fit the bill.”


Her verdict

Aristoc, Opaque Cotton Sheen 120 Denier Tights (£11.99)


“A very lustrous pair of tights and at 120 denier, they had a very thick, luxurious feel about them – my legs felt hugged all day long!”

Do you opt for sensible or crazy tights?

You Might Also Like

0 comments