Street style legwear looks www.jolynneshane.com

03:04:00











For this event, I want to be dressy but not over the top so I’ve decided to wear pumps and sheer black hose and some black and silver jewelry I picked up at White House Black Market.

Yes, I said hose. Last winter, we debated what hose to wear with a black cocktail dress and whether pantyhose were even in style at all. The overall consensus was that in the wintertime, sheer pantyhose are appropriate with a semi-formal dress — especially for those of us of a certain age, ahem. I will still go bare legged in the summertime because I have a tan (or a good self-tanner) but in the wintertime, these legs need some coverage. Sheer black hose or sheer skin-colored hose are equally appropriate.

The key to wearing pantyhose without looking frumpy is to wear very sheer, natural looking hose. These Ultra Sheer Control Top pantyhose by Donna Karan come highly recommended by a stylist at Nordstrom, if you’re looking for recommendations. And bonus, they’re on sale!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments