DIY TUTORIAL: LACE AND PEARL TIGHTS!!

04:27:00


DIYYYY!!!!!

I know you love DIY tutorials and oh my god how much I do too! Since forever have I been a girl who likes to make things. I think the two reasons for the same would be – (a) being broke all the time (b) being a creative head. I mean no, I am not an immensely creative person but I’d like to believe that a certain and good extent I am. Art Attack and MAD would be one of my favourites on TV and oh how sick my mother would get watching me make all weird things I did. She would later just throw them away of course!

Anyways, in a nut shell, I love DIYs and wearing things I make. You feel like a tiny designer in yourself when you wear you own stupid creation.

And well how often do we find our soul mates? I found my creative soulmate in Charuta. You know her from her blog Modayalda. She is all sorts of crazy like me and while I stick my DIY experiments to myself, she actually sells what she makes? Isn’t that amazing?

We have collaborated before but this time we did it for the one thing that brings us together, our love for DIYs. Let’s take a jump into the post and see what we are serving you today.

Pinterest is one destination I cannot do without. A pool of endless ideas. This is where I came across sheer tights with lace and pearls over them and the next thing you know, I was making my own.


If you love them as much as I do, you’ll need:
A pair of sheer tights (bought mine just for INR 75)
Some white patterned lace (INR 30 for a metre)
Fake pearls
Thread and needle OR fabric glue

The process is actually really simple. All you need to do is first cute the lace in the pattern you want. I cut out the designs of the flower so I could place it the way I wanted. Now, you just need to stitch them together. It does get a little tough, I actually rolled a hard paper and put it in so separate the two layers and started sewing.



Infact I would recommend fabric glue to get away with all the extra work. The next time I make one, I am using the same. Just dab some glue and get going.

Be careful enough to put all of this only on the front part of the tights and not the one which which will cover the back of your legs. And within not more than 150rs you have with yourself a pair of cute lacey tights. I totally love how they ended up looking.


Below are some more pictures with my beauty of a friend. She also did a little something with lace and pearls and as you will see in the pictures, turned her otherwise boring sweater into a vintage beauty. I love how gorgeous it looks. You must check out how she made it, in her own words here at modayalda.com.





You Might Also Like

0 comments