Blogger Interview Daisybutter

02:42:00



How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear?
I’m inspired mainly by other normal people at the moment. My style is changing and growing every day recently, as opposed to when I would take inspiration from the fashion glossies, where my “style” didn’t reflect me at all! I style an outfit by choosing one item and matching things around it. For example, I’ll choose a simple dress, and wear patterned tights for a 60’s inspired outfit.




Who has had the biggest fashion influence on your outfits?
I like reading fashion blogs for inspiration of different ways to style items. I also love Blair Waldorf’s preppy chic style on Gossip Girl, she has the best selection of handbags, coats, heels and tights ever! From my (slight!) obsession with Gossip Girl, I love looking at Leighton Meester’s off-set style, which has influenced me a lot, as she wears beautiful, simple, fitted separates with key accessories, which is how I would currently describe my style.




What made you start posting your pictures on Chictopia?
I’d already been on Lookbook.nu for a few months with no success, and heard about Chictopia being described as a friendlier and livelier version of Lookbook, so decided to take the plunge and share my outfits on there in addition to my blog.

Which blogs and websites do you follow and why?
I follow a huge range at the moment, mostly fashion and food based blogs! I find them relaxing and inspiring to read. My current favourite is fashiontoast by Rumi Neely.



Who are your style icons?
Again, I’m not quite sure! I never specifically look at someone for inspiration, I’d like to think that the majority of my outfits are my own eclectic creations from my wardrobe.
Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower?
There’s no way I’d go as far to say I’m a trendsetter ;) But over this year, I have definitely shifted a LOT from being a fashion follower. Rather than seeing a trend on the catwalk or magazine and them immediately traipsing to the shops to imitate the look, I like to gradually incorporate pieces into my wardrobe and clash them to create my own take on the season’s trends!

How would you describe your style?
BLAHBLAHBLAH
Socks, knee-highs or tights under trousers?
Well, tights under trousers is seriously uncomfortable… I don’t have the confidence to wear my knee-highs outdoors at the moment… So socks! Preferably cable knit with bow details, worn scrunched and peeping over a pair of wonderful pixie ankle boots.


Is it ok to wear open toe shoes with tights?
I often wear peep toe heels with tights on a night out! I think the “rule of thumb” with tights and open toes is to make sure the colours don’t clash. I personally don’t like coloured tights and peep toe heels, but black polka dot or other patterned tights with peep toes looks so darling and kitsch!

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes/outfit you wear?
To some extent, yes. It depends what I’ve decided to base my outfit around! I generally pick one item from my wardrobe to base my outfit on, so sometimes I’ll pick up a pair of bow-patterned tights and think about what could potentially clash with them to create an outfit that’s a little different.





What is in your hosiery drawer or closet?
A huge abundance of tights! I usually keep at least 5 pairs of 15/20 denier black tights in my drawer, along with 2 pairs of tan coloured tights “just in case”. The patterned variations of tights change from week to week, but I always like to have polka dotted tights around, as I wear them with every outfit! I recently bought a pair of suspender seamed tights from Topshop, which had the word ‘Love’ written at the back of the ankle, which were really unique. I wore them to a blogger’s event in London and received so many compliments on them!




How do you choose your hosiery?
I’m not exactly one for matching absolutely everything in an outfit. Just like I would never wear a matching earring and necklace set, I don’t think, “these tights clash with my dress, I won’t wear them,” I think my patterned tights make a statement against other patterns! I choose my hosiery by my mood that day; heart printed tights for a lighthearted mood, seamed suspenders for an edgier look…

Where do you shop for legwear (favourite local/online stores, etc.)?
My favourite places to shop for legwear are currently Topshop, Primark, H&M and Tabio. Of all of these stores, Tabio have the largest and most unique selection of legwear, and at really good quality as well! I really recommend popping in a store to stock up on legwear!


What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc.?
The last pair of tights I bought was a pair of navy blue bow-patterned tights, from Primark, for just £2!
Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights, stockings or holdups, socks or kneehighs, sheer toe or reinforced?
I definitely prefer sheer tights, they make my legs look slimmer which is always a plus! I love socks, and like reinforced tights, I’m so clumsy!

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you?
I’ve never worn 10 denier tights! The lowest denier I have found are 15 denier, which are great to wear with everyday outfits.




How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally? More feminine/better with girly outfits/not thought about it?
I definitely prefer wearing tights with outfits than leggings, jeans or trousers. It makes me feel more confident I suppose, as tights are a staple of my style now. It does make me feel more feminine!

Do you recycle your tights?
I won’t lie, I’m the clumsiest person ever when it comes to tights! I tend to ladder them within a few hours of wearing them – in an extreme case, ten minutes after putting them on! – but if they survive the day, then I tend to handwash them and get a few more wears out of them!
Michelle xoxo




You Might Also Like

0 comments