Blogger Interview - Culprit of fiction

07:40:00


loading

loading


How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear?
A lot of my inspiration comes from fellow bloggers, friends, and Urban Outfitters catalogs. To me, they are better than Vogue. People watching sparks a couple of great ideas in my mind as well.

Who has had the biggest fashion influence on your outfits?
My mom. She taught me to never be dressed like a “Plain Mary.”

What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ? 
While perusing the Internet over the summer, I stumbled upon Chictopia and I wanted to be on the hot page. I’ve always been an avid creative mind and fashion is absolutely beautiful to me. I love finding unique pieces and putting them together to create an original look, which is exactly what Chictopia endorses.

What blogs and websites do you follow and why? 
I follow a lot of bloggers on Chictopia as well on Lookbook. Two of my favorites are Petra Karlsson ofhttp://photoblogbypetra.blogg.se/ and Kasia Gorol of http://www.jestemkasia.com. Each of these bloggers has their own personal style that inspires me whenever I need a quick idea. 

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower?
Definitely a combination of the two. I credit my style to a lot of bloggers, celebrities, and random people on the street. But at the same time I have incorporated different ideas into an individual style of my own.

loading


loading


loading


loading

How would you describe your style? 
I always try to portray a different character through my outfits, so I don’t necessarily have one designated style that I would associate myself with. I dress up nerdy sometimes, like an edgy rock star, or sweet and feminine. My style for the day really depends on what I’m in the mood to be.

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet?
I love love love black tights. Either solid black or opaque, I always turn to them. Over the knee stockings are also a new obsession of mine, they are sexy while still covering the majority of your legs.

Where do you shop for hosiery? 
I have a couple of great lacey pairs of tights from Forever 21, but my favorite place to shop for hosiery is TJ Maxx. One of my favorite brands of tights is Donna Karen; her tights last forever because of their great quality. And TJ Maxx always has discounted Donna Karen tights!

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
The last pair of tights I bought is a pair of fun crisscross tights from Buffalo Exchange for only $8.

loading


loading


Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights, stockings or holdups, socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? 
My all time favorite are black opaque tights, I love wearing some knee high stockings over them to add some extra oomph to the look.

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? 
Tights have always been my go-to because I am not necessarily a tan person, so my legs are very very white. Plus I live in Colorado, where the winters are very chilly so I need coverage on my legs. Plus what kind of girl wants to wear pants all winter long? Not I! I could never ditch all of my skirts, shorts, and dresses, for the season, so tights are the perfect solution.

loading

loading

Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ? Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants? not thought about it?
Tights are like the equivalent of sweat pants to me. I probably own 20 pairs of tights and 4 pairs of sweats.

What is your hosiery staple? 
My hosiery staple is my pair of black opaque Donna Karen’s.

What are your style tips for wearing tights?
Super sheer tights look awesome underneath a great long sweater or a long button up; just don’t forget to slip on some spandex shorts underneath.

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate?
Best: accentuate your legs
Worst: tears and rips make me sad




loading

You Might Also Like

0 comments